Now Hiring – Operations Specialist
We are looking for a motivated Operations Specialist to help grow our accomplished Product Development firm and its Brands.
Develpro Inc. is Toronto’s notable design firm that everyone’s talking about. We are independently owned and operated by award winning innovators, engineers, graphic, web and industrial designers.
Unique to Develpro is a diverse portfolio of product development, including the world-class design and manufacturing facilitation of their own line of home and garden décor. This growing line of products are all manufactured in Canada under the brand Decorpro (Please visit www.decorpro.ca)
We are currently looking for an Operations Specialist who will oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods from our residential office. The successful candidate will plan the arrangement of goods within the facility and organize special requirements for certain stock, such as tradeshow and showroom goods. You will be required to meet productivity targets and maintain computerized administration for all inventory records. This role will also include the picking, packing and distribution for orders being shipped from our facilities around the world by both freight and small parcel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with other departments, staff groups and customers
- Overseeing stock control and processing orders
- Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation’s director
- Carrying out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems
- Responding to and dealing with customers and suppliers with communication by email, fax and telephone
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Briefing other departments on any issues for that particular day
- Monitor the quality of goods we are receiving
- Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Experience in a fast paced warehouse environment or similar
- Understanding inventory management, and physical distribution of goods
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and to be self disciplined and consistent
- Ability to develop and implement lead times and follow through with suppliers responsible for them.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and integrated systems UPS CampusShip and Filemaker
- Ability to work in all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication
To apply for this position
Please email you resume and cover letter to
Corbee Dutchburn @ firstname.lastname@example.org